THE AFFECT OF MOULD ON PETS
Many pet owners aren’t aware of this, but pets are not immune to the dangers of mould in the home. Small pets are especially susceptible, just like babies and small children are, but pets of any size can be affected. Some signs that your pets are being negatively affected by mould in the home include: excessive scratching (in the absence of fleas), licking or chewing on its paws or feet, skin rash, sores, runny eyes, wheezing when breathing, frequent sneezing, itchy ears, ear infections (including a yeasty smell), lethargy or fatigue.
Contact your veterinarian if your pet shows any of these signs. In addition to the appropriate veterinary treatment, it may be necessary to remove your pet from the home, if it is determined there is a mould problem. Without proper treatment, pets can die from excessive exposure to household mould.